June 11, 2013

Sailor Moon Make-up! Part 2 - Nail magic!

As we'd been promised by Osano-san, yesterday there was another huge update of a new product coming out from Japan for the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon! They had mentioned that this whole line, including the new anime is focused more on the adult viewer and collector. Once again we have been surprised by a make up item from Creer Beaute: A nail polish set!!



This box-set called Miracle Romance Nail Collection has 5 different colors in the shape of the senshi's henshin wands, but as a down side, do not come with bases. It's a bit strange that there is a pink one, given that Usagi does not use a pen to transform (or is it a hint of the new anime? hahaa, I don't think so.) Contrary to the last item though, this new set was received with conflicted emotions. Some grown female fans are absolutely ecstatic! The design of the glass bottles is gorgeous, elegant and mature. It has amazing packaging with foil and embellishments and overall it's just an incredible shinny to add to their collections. Others aren't so happy about it, saying they have no interest in make up and would rather we had more figurines like the Chibi Arts we were promised when the Figuarts first debuted back in October. Boy Moonies aren't super happy about these releases either as they have no use for make up in the first place (generally speaking, that is ;D).

Personally, I believe this is PERFECT. Mind you, I don't ever use a single drop of make up on my face or ever-ever use any paint for my nails, therefore I don't have any practical use for any of these items as well, but even IF I used make up, I'd use a professional grade powder with a hue that matched my skin tone. If I ever painted my nails, I wouldn't use these standard red, blue, orange or green block colors, I'd use high quality varnishes that wouldn't chip off, with modern muted colors that have sparkle, pearl or metallic finishes. Seriously, if I needed make up, it would never be this kind. I'm sure most grown women who do use make up will agree with me. So, as I said, this is perfect for collectors. The line has grown up. These are still shinnies that I believe are worth collecting. They're are not meant to be used. They are for display mixed with nostalgia. That being said, I will not be buying this set, because I don't collect senshi articles, only Moon/ChibiMoon :p!



This set will be available from BANDAI Premium and the price for this set is ¥5250 yen, roughly about $55 USD which is a bit pricey, but they are pretty adorable. Pre-sales begin today and shipping starts in October. No word yet if it'll be available in the U.S., but it'll probably be available from CDJapan or Jlist eventually. This is piece for fans who have been trying to get their hands on henshin wands. The first version of this set (which were also nail polishes), came out almost 20 years ago and judging by the packaging, they were clearly meant for children. Many years later, those transformation pens are amongst the most desired collectibles, but are so rare to find in good condition because they were mostly played with and disposed of back then. There are a few tiny differences between the new set and the old one, mainly the bases and the size of the star, but again, they're pretty to display. I very much enjoy where this line is going :D


Source @sailor_moonxxx found here and here.

June 11, 2013

Sailor Moon Make-up! Part 2 - Nail magic!

As we'd been promised by Osano-san, yesterday there was another huge update of a new product coming out from Japan for the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon! They had mentioned that this whole line, including the new anime is focused more on the adult viewer and collector. Once again we have been surprised by a make up item from Creer Beaute: A nail polish set!!



This box-set called Miracle Romance Nail Collection has 5 different colors in the shape of the senshi's henshin wands, but as a down side, do not come with bases. It's a bit strange that there is a pink one, given that Usagi does not use a pen to transform (or is it a hint of the new anime? hahaa, I don't think so.) Contrary to the last item though, this new set was received with conflicted emotions. Some grown female fans are absolutely ecstatic! The design of the glass bottles is gorgeous, elegant and mature. It has amazing packaging with foil and embellishments and overall it's just an incredible shinny to add to their collections. Others aren't so happy about it, saying they have no interest in make up and would rather we had more figurines like the Chibi Arts we were promised when the Figuarts first debuted back in October. Boy Moonies aren't super happy about these releases either as they have no use for make up in the first place (generally speaking, that is ;D).

Personally, I believe this is PERFECT. Mind you, I don't ever use a single drop of make up on my face or ever-ever use any paint for my nails, therefore I don't have any practical use for any of these items as well, but even IF I used make up, I'd use a professional grade powder with a hue that matched my skin tone. If I ever painted my nails, I wouldn't use these standard red, blue, orange or green block colors, I'd use high quality varnishes that wouldn't chip off, with modern muted colors that have sparkle, pearl or metallic finishes. Seriously, if I needed make up, it would never be this kind. I'm sure most grown women who do use make up will agree with me. So, as I said, this is perfect for collectors. The line has grown up. These are still shinnies that I believe are worth collecting. They're are not meant to be used. They are for display mixed with nostalgia. That being said, I will not be buying this set, because I don't collect senshi articles, only Moon/ChibiMoon :p!



This set will be available from BANDAI Premium and the price for this set is ¥5250 yen, roughly about $55 USD which is a bit pricey, but they are pretty adorable. Pre-sales begin today and shipping starts in October. No word yet if it'll be available in the U.S., but it'll probably be available from CDJapan or Jlist eventually. This is piece for fans who have been trying to get their hands on henshin wands. The first version of this set (which were also nail polishes), came out almost 20 years ago and judging by the packaging, they were clearly meant for children. Many years later, those transformation pens are amongst the most desired collectibles, but are so rare to find in good condition because they were mostly played with and disposed of back then. There are a few tiny differences between the new set and the old one, mainly the bases and the size of the star, but again, they're pretty to display. I very much enjoy where this line is going :D


Source @sailor_moonxxx found here and here.