September 26, 2012

My three Star Lockets!


Even though the SMObss is now mostly a news and curious finds blog, it is first and foremost a personal collecting blog, but it doesn't seem to that way anymore because there aren't anywhere as many collecting posts as I'd like there to be. That's because I have a plan. Oh, yesss! THE plan. I plan to have a nice set-up in a Sailor Moon themed room or area, and I refuse to let that vision go, and until I'm able to complete it, all items are in lockdown in boxes away from the terrible, never-ending dust and damaging sunlight.

I do complete a bunch purchases online, have online trades with other Moonies, and bring my older collection items back from my home in Mexico. I'm finally beginning to unify all the shinnies in order to complete my vision for own personal Sailor Moon Room of Doom :p

Anyway, before these go into a dark box in the closet, I want to show off my three star lockets really fast. First, the Korean locket. I actually got this one back in the day, around 1999, so I've been with it for a while. It cost me about $30. THIRTY DOLLARS can you believe it? Of course back then I was still in school and it was super expensive. I remember seeing a pink Star Locket too, but that was around $200, waaaaay out of my reach as a student.

Next there's the recent release of Usagi's Carillion by GEAnimation, which I ordered from RightStuf. I'm a little disappointed in the RS's speed of their transaction. I had no problems ordering the wallscroll from them before, so I thought the rest of the merch I wanted would get here soon, but it took almost three weeks. Plus, they only shipped half of my order, the rest is still pending. But there's no rush for my other things so I'm just going to wait. They have been good with communicating with me about the status of my delivery though. The GEA twitter mentioned some of the lockets had factory flaws like discoloring, dark spots or scratches, and looking around other Moonie's pieces, it seems I got lucky, as mine doesn't have *terrible* scratches or spots. There's some, but not too bad...

And finally, the acrylic laser-cut Star Locket from Japanophile on Etsy. This is a fan artist who makes laser-cut items, much like Kumacraft's necklaces, but still needs to perfect his/her technique because the edges are a bit rough. Sitll, I'm actually kind of happy with it (except the chain which I'm changing ASAP). The lid opens and closes easily, and while the moon inside doesn't move, it is still a cute item to show and collect. I like :D!!


NONE FOR SALE GUYS! Maybe next time XD


That's it for now!
Wheee! All my happies ^^!!

September 26, 2012

My three Star Lockets!


Even though the SMObss is now mostly a news and curious finds blog, it is first and foremost a personal collecting blog, but it doesn't seem to that way anymore because there aren't anywhere as many collecting posts as I'd like there to be. That's because I have a plan. Oh, yesss! THE plan. I plan to have a nice set-up in a Sailor Moon themed room or area, and I refuse to let that vision go, and until I'm able to complete it, all items are in lockdown in boxes away from the terrible, never-ending dust and damaging sunlight.

I do complete a bunch purchases online, have online trades with other Moonies, and bring my older collection items back from my home in Mexico. I'm finally beginning to unify all the shinnies in order to complete my vision for own personal Sailor Moon Room of Doom :p

Anyway, before these go into a dark box in the closet, I want to show off my three star lockets really fast. First, the Korean locket. I actually got this one back in the day, around 1999, so I've been with it for a while. It cost me about $30. THIRTY DOLLARS can you believe it? Of course back then I was still in school and it was super expensive. I remember seeing a pink Star Locket too, but that was around $200, waaaaay out of my reach as a student.

Next there's the recent release of Usagi's Carillion by GEAnimation, which I ordered from RightStuf. I'm a little disappointed in the RS's speed of their transaction. I had no problems ordering the wallscroll from them before, so I thought the rest of the merch I wanted would get here soon, but it took almost three weeks. Plus, they only shipped half of my order, the rest is still pending. But there's no rush for my other things so I'm just going to wait. They have been good with communicating with me about the status of my delivery though. The GEA twitter mentioned some of the lockets had factory flaws like discoloring, dark spots or scratches, and looking around other Moonie's pieces, it seems I got lucky, as mine doesn't have *terrible* scratches or spots. There's some, but not too bad...

And finally, the acrylic laser-cut Star Locket from Japanophile on Etsy. This is a fan artist who makes laser-cut items, much like Kumacraft's necklaces, but still needs to perfect his/her technique because the edges are a bit rough. Sitll, I'm actually kind of happy with it (except the chain which I'm changing ASAP). The lid opens and closes easily, and while the moon inside doesn't move, it is still a cute item to show and collect. I like :D!!


NONE FOR SALE GUYS! Maybe next time XD


That's it for now!
Wheee! All my happies ^^!!