August 19, 2012

SM Room of Doom. Volume 13

What's up, you shinning Sailor Stars!?

I've been doing my best to keep you updated with the latest info on future merch and the upcoming new anime, but I've also been on a mission to return the SMObss to its roots, which mostly focused on the Sailor Moon fandom itself. I greatly enjoy the different styles of fan art, cosplay and other interesting approaches. Anything that demonstrates deep fan passion for the series, definitely makes me smile. Basically, I love it when people love what I love as much as I love it love love. 

Collecting is one of my fave activities in the fandom. It's SRS BSNS! Not only do you have to like the series, but you have to commit and sacrifice your time and money, you have to know your stuff, navigate through the complicated seas of merchandise dealers, use your savvy Moonie contacts to get hard-to-find stuff, master your patience skills and above all, you have to be smart about your spending and splurging. Really, it's a complicated art.

Having said that, here is our latest spotlight on fawk awesome collections:

 Sailor Samara's Sailor Moon Room of Doom!! 

Oh wow. Where do I even begin with Samara?

YouTube. I'll start with YouTube. Samara had been occasionally visiting the blog and talking with me via Twitter for some time. We RT each other, shared links and geeked out once in a while. But when she started uploading videos of her collections I began to really notice her and follow the progression of her SMRoD. Pro tip: If you want a shortcut to get me obsessed with you, post lots videos of your toys. ;D

Samara has a LOT of collections and the best part is that she's like me; we both LOVE fan made stuff. Some of her first vids show her custom dolls and her cosplay and prop collection which I found quite inspiring. She has close to 80 videos and I've watched them all, so I think that reflects how much I like them. Then I had the ABSOLUTELY wonderful experience of meeting her in person during the FAE. She was wearing a beautiful Super Sailor Moon cosplay and I got to hang out with her for a few minutes. I got real lucky ^^! Plus, she said the correct phrase Brad says at the end of each Moonie Tunes podcast so she got one of those boxes I made :p

I think I've made my point: I love her collection. AND she actually recorded a video of it EXCLUSIVELY for the SMObss! OMG!! She MADE this to share with you guys on the blog. YAAAY! There is a lot to take in, but Samara guides us through very well, so sit back and enjoy teh Moonieness with some great BG themes. (Oooh! Min: 4:26 for Moonie Tunes box)


Alongside that freaking cool vid, she also sent me a bunch splendidly colorful pics of her gorgeous SM Room of Doom so you can look at her shelves and walls  with more detail. Her wall of scrolls, her wall of scepters, and her SM curtains. Gah! It's all so purtay!

 
 

Her room is just the cutest evah! Don't you just wanna jump in her bed and cuddle with all teh plushies? Adorbs! Be sure to stalk Samara EVERYWHERE! :D She is on Twitter on FB, on Sailor Moon Collectors FB page, on Tumblr, on DA and of course, on YouTube. Let her know how cool her stuff is! :D

August 19, 2012

SM Room of Doom. Volume 13

What's up, you shinning Sailor Stars!?

I've been doing my best to keep you updated with the latest info on future merch and the upcoming new anime, but I've also been on a mission to return the SMObss to its roots, which mostly focused on the Sailor Moon fandom itself. I greatly enjoy the different styles of fan art, cosplay and other interesting approaches. Anything that demonstrates deep fan passion for the series, definitely makes me smile. Basically, I love it when people love what I love as much as I love it love love. 

Collecting is one of my fave activities in the fandom. It's SRS BSNS! Not only do you have to like the series, but you have to commit and sacrifice your time and money, you have to know your stuff, navigate through the complicated seas of merchandise dealers, use your savvy Moonie contacts to get hard-to-find stuff, master your patience skills and above all, you have to be smart about your spending and splurging. Really, it's a complicated art.

Having said that, here is our latest spotlight on fawk awesome collections:

 Sailor Samara's Sailor Moon Room of Doom!! 

Oh wow. Where do I even begin with Samara?

YouTube. I'll start with YouTube. Samara had been occasionally visiting the blog and talking with me via Twitter for some time. We RT each other, shared links and geeked out once in a while. But when she started uploading videos of her collections I began to really notice her and follow the progression of her SMRoD. Pro tip: If you want a shortcut to get me obsessed with you, post lots videos of your toys. ;D

Samara has a LOT of collections and the best part is that she's like me; we both LOVE fan made stuff. Some of her first vids show her custom dolls and her cosplay and prop collection which I found quite inspiring. She has close to 80 videos and I've watched them all, so I think that reflects how much I like them. Then I had the ABSOLUTELY wonderful experience of meeting her in person during the FAE. She was wearing a beautiful Super Sailor Moon cosplay and I got to hang out with her for a few minutes. I got real lucky ^^! Plus, she said the correct phrase Brad says at the end of each Moonie Tunes podcast so she got one of those boxes I made :p

I think I've made my point: I love her collection. AND she actually recorded a video of it EXCLUSIVELY for the SMObss! OMG!! She MADE this to share with you guys on the blog. YAAAY! There is a lot to take in, but Samara guides us through very well, so sit back and enjoy teh Moonieness with some great BG themes. (Oooh! Min: 4:26 for Moonie Tunes box)


Alongside that freaking cool vid, she also sent me a bunch splendidly colorful pics of her gorgeous SM Room of Doom so you can look at her shelves and walls  with more detail. Her wall of scrolls, her wall of scepters, and her SM curtains. Gah! It's all so purtay!

 
 

Her room is just the cutest evah! Don't you just wanna jump in her bed and cuddle with all teh plushies? Adorbs! Be sure to stalk Samara EVERYWHERE! :D She is on Twitter on FB, on Sailor Moon Collectors FB page, on Tumblr, on DA and of course, on YouTube. Let her know how cool her stuff is! :D