July 9, 2012

The SMObss is 5 years old!

HAPPY FIFTH YEAR 
SAILOR MOON OBSESSION BLOG!!!


Every year I make a special entry celebrating the blog's anniversary, and every single year I say that it feels like 5 years have gone by, not one. But this time, it has FINALLY been 5 years! WOW! Truth is, I feel so invested in this obsession that time flows a little bit slower.

To celebrate, I drew out a few wallpapers for you guys! I know it's always Moon on these wallpapers, but she's the only one who really inspires me. Sorry senshi fans! :( Anyway, every anniversary I also write down a list of accomplishments and new sections opened in the course of this year. Unfortunately this year I haven't opened many. The only one I opened this year was the Manga Musings section, where I write my impressions of the manga as I re-read it, but it hasn't been updated since volume 1, so I don't know if I should celebrate that. Haha! Well it's the beginning of a new project that I shall tackle in time.

Of course the M°Onie tunes is right now the project that I have invested the most energy into. It has taken a life of its own!! I had been promising a podcast for like 2 years, but I had to really force myself to seal the deal and produce it. Now Eku, Brad and I have a somewhat consistent show which we update every month. Our latest episode will be out tomorrow! (or at least, that's the plan). They're so much fun! :D!! It's so big that it has its own Facebook page which has more 'likes' than the SMObss itself!! HAHAHahahhahahaha! XD

The SMObss isn't just the blog, though. I have now invested lots of time into Twitter to be closer to both sources of information as well as Moonies just like you!! also Tumblr is a great way to connect! IT'S AWESOME. I love it! And from the look of things, many of you do too as most of the Moonies I interact directly with have Tumblr blogs. Fan art, toys, collections, memes, animated gifs, and funny moments are only part of all the visual yummies that can be found there. All this is just to keep sharing info and being close to other Sailor Moon fans.

Now that I've listed all the accomplishments, I go on to list plans for the future. And you already know them all because I list the same ones every single year: Produce a VLOG, draw more stuff, and make my own live action movie or series. :D! Heh! But we now know for certain we will have a new anime and merch in the following months and years, it's an opening of a whole new chapter in all our Moonie lives, but this time, it's not going to be just some anime on TV. WE KNOW its Sailor Moon and it's going to be amazing! I'll continue to write on the blog as long as there are cool topics in the fandom to talk about. Hopefully you will join me in this journey and we can live through this TOGETHER!

As usual, I can't end this post without acknowledging all of your supportive comments, the interesting links shared and the unconditional friendship you have given me through all the difficult times and long absences. Thank you for your continued support and allowing the Sailor Moon Obsession blog to have a FIFTH ANNIVERSARY!! This blog exists to inform and entertain, but mostly, just to be close to YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOONIES!


I freaking LOVE you Moonies!!

-Cycyn.


The first design was a drawing by yours truly. The second was created using Senshi-Stock as reference ;D 

July 9, 2012

The SMObss is 5 years old!

HAPPY FIFTH YEAR 
SAILOR MOON OBSESSION BLOG!!!


Every year I make a special entry celebrating the blog's anniversary, and every single year I say that it feels like 5 years have gone by, not one. But this time, it has FINALLY been 5 years! WOW! Truth is, I feel so invested in this obsession that time flows a little bit slower.

To celebrate, I drew out a few wallpapers for you guys! I know it's always Moon on these wallpapers, but she's the only one who really inspires me. Sorry senshi fans! :( Anyway, every anniversary I also write down a list of accomplishments and new sections opened in the course of this year. Unfortunately this year I haven't opened many. The only one I opened this year was the Manga Musings section, where I write my impressions of the manga as I re-read it, but it hasn't been updated since volume 1, so I don't know if I should celebrate that. Haha! Well it's the beginning of a new project that I shall tackle in time.

Of course the M°Onie tunes is right now the project that I have invested the most energy into. It has taken a life of its own!! I had been promising a podcast for like 2 years, but I had to really force myself to seal the deal and produce it. Now Eku, Brad and I have a somewhat consistent show which we update every month. Our latest episode will be out tomorrow! (or at least, that's the plan). They're so much fun! :D!! It's so big that it has its own Facebook page which has more 'likes' than the SMObss itself!! HAHAHahahhahahaha! XD

The SMObss isn't just the blog, though. I have now invested lots of time into Twitter to be closer to both sources of information as well as Moonies just like you!! also Tumblr is a great way to connect! IT'S AWESOME. I love it! And from the look of things, many of you do too as most of the Moonies I interact directly with have Tumblr blogs. Fan art, toys, collections, memes, animated gifs, and funny moments are only part of all the visual yummies that can be found there. All this is just to keep sharing info and being close to other Sailor Moon fans.

Now that I've listed all the accomplishments, I go on to list plans for the future. And you already know them all because I list the same ones every single year: Produce a VLOG, draw more stuff, and make my own live action movie or series. :D! Heh! But we now know for certain we will have a new anime and merch in the following months and years, it's an opening of a whole new chapter in all our Moonie lives, but this time, it's not going to be just some anime on TV. WE KNOW its Sailor Moon and it's going to be amazing! I'll continue to write on the blog as long as there are cool topics in the fandom to talk about. Hopefully you will join me in this journey and we can live through this TOGETHER!

As usual, I can't end this post without acknowledging all of your supportive comments, the interesting links shared and the unconditional friendship you have given me through all the difficult times and long absences. Thank you for your continued support and allowing the Sailor Moon Obsession blog to have a FIFTH ANNIVERSARY!! This blog exists to inform and entertain, but mostly, just to be close to YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOONIES!


I freaking LOVE you Moonies!!

-Cycyn.


The first design was a drawing by yours truly. The second was created using Senshi-Stock as reference ;D