January 28, 2012

SM vs. Real Life Volume 10: Thingie vs. Tula

Hello Moonsters!!

Things have become really really hectic for me these past weeks, therefore posts will have to slow down a bit, just until I graduate and then decide what will happen with my life after that. I will make great effort to keep the M°Onie Tunes podcast up to date though, no need to worry about that. BTW, If you've been receiving a weird message while trying to listen to MT, it's because our host and streaming service is provided for free but has a limited bandwidth. It resets every new month, so you might be able to listen to it in a few more days. Sorry about that Moonies :/ 

Anyways. On to today's post.

So, If you've been following the SMObss, you know the SM vs. Real Life section very well! It's where I post pictures of places or situations and compare them to "Moonesque" things. It's one of my personal favorite sections of the blog,  and every time I write them, I LAWL at the random things I find to link back to the Sailor Moon world. I hope they fun for you too xD!

In the past, I've provided information and evidence on how Sailor Moon *also* takes place in Mexico. NOW WAIT! Before you get all "hardcore fan" on me or lose you shiz, yes, all the every day action and fighting takes place in Tokyo. We see the streets, Tokyo tower, the Rainbow Bridge, Azabu Juuban and so on. However, there are places in the anime/manga that are other worldly or simply not located in any recognizable space. But I'm here to tell you these places exist, damn it! And they're in Mexico. There is proof right here: This is where Future Crystal Tokyo is (Chihuahua, Mx), or here (Mex City) and also, this is where Elysian –the mysterious place where Helios lives– is (San Luis Potosí, Mx). If all these aren't enough for you, here is another bit of proof:

You know the Sailor Moon S opening sequence, where there's a kind of truncated pyramid and the senshi are standing on top of those weird columns in the middle of nowhere and then they start flying off the pillars into the air? Here, just watch the intro so we're both on the same page.


Here's a promotional image with said truncated pyramid sporting some columns that appear to be supporting nothing, they just stand there, reaching into the night stars....

 Well, This place exists.


Yep, yep, yep!! Let me introduce you to Tula, in the state of Hidalgo, located about an hour north of Mexico City. I could explain to you the history and meaning of this sacred place, but this is not what the SMObss is about. If you're curious, Google is your friend. In short, it's a ceremonial palace of sorts. At the top of this short pyramid, the long figures on top are not only columns, some of them are 3 meter high protective statues called GIANTS. Some say they are Gods, some say they are celebrated warriors, but we know the truth: They obviously represent the Sailor Scouts. 


What? you don't see the sailor Scouts in these figures?!
Here, let me help you...

LOLOLOLOLLOOLOlololLOlol!!!!!!!!

Alright fine. I let my Moonie imagination fly too high. It's fun though xD!
MMMMkay that's it. Bye bye now!

Tula pics from Google Images.

January 28, 2012

SM vs. Real Life Volume 10: Thingie vs. Tula

Hello Moonsters!!

Things have become really really hectic for me these past weeks, therefore posts will have to slow down a bit, just until I graduate and then decide what will happen with my life after that. I will make great effort to keep the M°Onie Tunes podcast up to date though, no need to worry about that. BTW, If you've been receiving a weird message while trying to listen to MT, it's because our host and streaming service is provided for free but has a limited bandwidth. It resets every new month, so you might be able to listen to it in a few more days. Sorry about that Moonies :/ 

Anyways. On to today's post.

So, If you've been following the SMObss, you know the SM vs. Real Life section very well! It's where I post pictures of places or situations and compare them to "Moonesque" things. It's one of my personal favorite sections of the blog,  and every time I write them, I LAWL at the random things I find to link back to the Sailor Moon world. I hope they fun for you too xD!

In the past, I've provided information and evidence on how Sailor Moon *also* takes place in Mexico. NOW WAIT! Before you get all "hardcore fan" on me or lose you shiz, yes, all the every day action and fighting takes place in Tokyo. We see the streets, Tokyo tower, the Rainbow Bridge, Azabu Juuban and so on. However, there are places in the anime/manga that are other worldly or simply not located in any recognizable space. But I'm here to tell you these places exist, damn it! And they're in Mexico. There is proof right here: This is where Future Crystal Tokyo is (Chihuahua, Mx), or here (Mex City) and also, this is where Elysian –the mysterious place where Helios lives– is (San Luis Potosí, Mx). If all these aren't enough for you, here is another bit of proof:

You know the Sailor Moon S opening sequence, where there's a kind of truncated pyramid and the senshi are standing on top of those weird columns in the middle of nowhere and then they start flying off the pillars into the air? Here, just watch the intro so we're both on the same page.


Here's a promotional image with said truncated pyramid sporting some columns that appear to be supporting nothing, they just stand there, reaching into the night stars....

 Well, This place exists.


Yep, yep, yep!! Let me introduce you to Tula, in the state of Hidalgo, located about an hour north of Mexico City. I could explain to you the history and meaning of this sacred place, but this is not what the SMObss is about. If you're curious, Google is your friend. In short, it's a ceremonial palace of sorts. At the top of this short pyramid, the long figures on top are not only columns, some of them are 3 meter high protective statues called GIANTS. Some say they are Gods, some say they are celebrated warriors, but we know the truth: They obviously represent the Sailor Scouts. 


What? you don't see the sailor Scouts in these figures?!
Here, let me help you...

LOLOLOLOLLOOLOlololLOlol!!!!!!!!

Alright fine. I let my Moonie imagination fly too high. It's fun though xD!
MMMMkay that's it. Bye bye now!

Tula pics from Google Images.