January 6, 2012

2012 and Sakky's plushie!

Welcome Moonies, to the 20th year anniversary of Sailor Moon! It was in March of 1992 when the pigtailed heroine made her first appearance on Japanese Televisions and thus began a magical adventure that has touched all at some point of our lives. For some of us, the initial impact it had in our lives still lingers in our hearts, we live for any tiny piece of information of the series or collect any new/vintage merch we can get our hands on. It's been a wild ride, but I only hope it will get even better from now on! So here's to the Mooniest year yet! Hopefully we get a bunch of new stuff, and above all, an "official" revival that includes either a new anime, new musicals or new toys. *fingers crossed* :D!

Anyway, on to today's post!
---------------------------------------------------------------

About a year ago, Sakky opened up her comissions for plushies. She's a super hardcore Moonie and I had been watching her live feed while she drew or sewed for a long time, so I really became fascinated with the dolls she made and decided it was time I had my own Sakky made doll.

Out of all of the Moonieverse, Sailor Moon is my favorite character, but her Princess Serenity form is the most compelling to me. There's something about the way her attitude changes when she converts into her past-self that is not only beautiful, but lets you be sure SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL! Not to mention the pretty dress and sometimes elegant wings. Oooo! I Love. Naturally, I had to have a Serenity Plushie from Sakky, specially since I only have one other toy. I asked for a completely white doll, including her hair. I really like Naoko's original design, so we tried to stick to that as much as possible. In the "Materials" artbook, she is wearing a small, spiky crown which she never uses, but it's so adorable, I wanted one for my plushie as well x3!

After I booked my commission, came the waiting. Oh! The waiting! Sarah is a pretty busy person, she has a tight drawing and sewing schedule to which she sticks to pretty strictly. I had to wait an entire year for her to start on my doll, but they do say: "Good things to those who wait", and wait I did. Sakky started on my doll this last November. Sadly, I was unable to watch her entire process online, but here are some of the screencaps I was able to take. WOOOOOOOOOOOT! :D


This is her finished product and picture:
 Please Favorite at Sakky's DA gallery

And here are some pics of her at home. It's temporary tho,
I'm in the process of making a Serenity-only mini shrine :D!

 Anyway, just wanted to share my new treasure ^^!!
Happy New Year Moondom! May this be a great year for Sailor Moon!



January 6, 2012

2012 and Sakky's plushie!

Welcome Moonies, to the 20th year anniversary of Sailor Moon! It was in March of 1992 when the pigtailed heroine made her first appearance on Japanese Televisions and thus began a magical adventure that has touched all at some point of our lives. For some of us, the initial impact it had in our lives still lingers in our hearts, we live for any tiny piece of information of the series or collect any new/vintage merch we can get our hands on. It's been a wild ride, but I only hope it will get even better from now on! So here's to the Mooniest year yet! Hopefully we get a bunch of new stuff, and above all, an "official" revival that includes either a new anime, new musicals or new toys. *fingers crossed* :D!

Anyway, on to today's post!
---------------------------------------------------------------

About a year ago, Sakky opened up her comissions for plushies. She's a super hardcore Moonie and I had been watching her live feed while she drew or sewed for a long time, so I really became fascinated with the dolls she made and decided it was time I had my own Sakky made doll.

Out of all of the Moonieverse, Sailor Moon is my favorite character, but her Princess Serenity form is the most compelling to me. There's something about the way her attitude changes when she converts into her past-self that is not only beautiful, but lets you be sure SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL! Not to mention the pretty dress and sometimes elegant wings. Oooo! I Love. Naturally, I had to have a Serenity Plushie from Sakky, specially since I only have one other toy. I asked for a completely white doll, including her hair. I really like Naoko's original design, so we tried to stick to that as much as possible. In the "Materials" artbook, she is wearing a small, spiky crown which she never uses, but it's so adorable, I wanted one for my plushie as well x3!

After I booked my commission, came the waiting. Oh! The waiting! Sarah is a pretty busy person, she has a tight drawing and sewing schedule to which she sticks to pretty strictly. I had to wait an entire year for her to start on my doll, but they do say: "Good things to those who wait", and wait I did. Sakky started on my doll this last November. Sadly, I was unable to watch her entire process online, but here are some of the screencaps I was able to take. WOOOOOOOOOOOT! :D


This is her finished product and picture:
 Please Favorite at Sakky's DA gallery

And here are some pics of her at home. It's temporary tho,
I'm in the process of making a Serenity-only mini shrine :D!

 Anyway, just wanted to share my new treasure ^^!!
Happy New Year Moondom! May this be a great year for Sailor Moon!