November 8, 2011

LA SM DVD launch round up.

Español: 
Aunque este evento tuvo lugar en México, esta entrada está solo en inglés. 
Pero los videos en español hablan por si mismos. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English 

The LatinAmerican DVD launch party was held outside if the Capital 8 store inside a shopping center in Mexico City this past Sunday. Yours truly was not able to assist to the event because I'm not in the city at this time, but as usual, my amazing friend @Mrspaiopaio went through the ordeal of getting me (and others) the DVD set.

By now, most of you might be thinking "Man, all this LatinAmerican DVD thing is taking foreveeeeer"!! Why yes, keen observant Moonie, yes it is, we feel so too! It was quite a long journey for us to get it. I will give you a general description of the process and the launch event according to the description my friend gave me during a Skype session:


Share photos on twitter with TwitpicStep 1: In order to buy Volume one of the box set and receive a gift coffee mug you had to be amongst the first 300 to pre-order the DVDs from the October 23rd though the 30th. The only way to have pre-ordered them was by going to the shop, or by e-mail/money order. The full payment had to be covered immediately and in return you would be given a numbered ticket. 

Step 2: Wait for the release day.


Step 3: The day of the event ( November 6th, 2011), at 2 p.m., pre-orders were given out as well as the mugs, a fan club card and a flyer. It was also possible for clients who did not place their orders ahead of time to buy the DVDs now, but without the mug.

Step 4: Two hours later ( at 4 p.m.), ticket holders were given the VIP treatment by giving them first priority for the voice actor signing. Belinda Martínez, the voice for Sailor Uranus was the guest and she offered gave a brief presentation on her experiences as voice actor for such an iconic role (she even explained the term "yuri" to expectators!) and then signing took place for about an hour and a half afterwards.

Here are some of my friend's pics. She was kind enough to take a bunch to share the event with all the Moonies who weren't able to attend! :O

Moonies with their treasure! Look at them! ALL SMILES :D! 

 Belinda Martínez, voice of Sailor Uranus giving a presentation and signing autographs. She sounds pretty excited to be there and very knowledgeable about her character xD!
This is Mrs. Paio herself getting me a signature XD!
Here are some close up of the unopened box. Once I have this in my hands I'll make a more comprehensive review in a video.


Many have asked me why it is called a "Talk Box" and here is why: On the bottom of the aluminum box, there is that tiny button and speaker that when pressed says the phrase: "Hello! My name is Serena, I'm 14 years old and I'm in the eighth grade. One day a cat turned me into Sailor Moon and my life has changed since then and I hope yours does too from now on. Thank you for purchasing this product that is full of love and remember that if you misbehave, I will punish you in the name of the Moon!" 
and voilá! A TALK-BOX!! I'm so happy this feature was included, it makes this box set very unique and of course the fact that the original voice of Sailor Moon has come back after 10+ years to do this, its quite amazing. 

Also, during this event flyers for the upcoming magazine were given out. Kind of sad the actual product wasn't available yet but all the same it's pretty exciting we still have a lot to look forward to. :D 

Cards for the Official Club members were also given away. 

It seems  that Moonies who attended the event all left very happy and satisfied. They were handsomely rewarded for all the months of anticipation and wait. Personally I'm at the happiest moment of my Moonie fandom right now because it's the first time Sailor Moon has been released in Spanish and I will have obtained the most important piece of my collection: The version I grew up with! I'm SOOOOOO happy I dun even know how to convey it ;_;!    

Anyway, YAAAAY HAPPY MOONIES ALL OVER!


November 8, 2011

LA SM DVD launch round up.

Español: 
Aunque este evento tuvo lugar en México, esta entrada está solo en inglés. 
Pero los videos en español hablan por si mismos. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English 

The LatinAmerican DVD launch party was held outside if the Capital 8 store inside a shopping center in Mexico City this past Sunday. Yours truly was not able to assist to the event because I'm not in the city at this time, but as usual, my amazing friend @Mrspaiopaio went through the ordeal of getting me (and others) the DVD set.

By now, most of you might be thinking "Man, all this LatinAmerican DVD thing is taking foreveeeeer"!! Why yes, keen observant Moonie, yes it is, we feel so too! It was quite a long journey for us to get it. I will give you a general description of the process and the launch event according to the description my friend gave me during a Skype session:


Share photos on twitter with TwitpicStep 1: In order to buy Volume one of the box set and receive a gift coffee mug you had to be amongst the first 300 to pre-order the DVDs from the October 23rd though the 30th. The only way to have pre-ordered them was by going to the shop, or by e-mail/money order. The full payment had to be covered immediately and in return you would be given a numbered ticket. 

Step 2: Wait for the release day.


Step 3: The day of the event ( November 6th, 2011), at 2 p.m., pre-orders were given out as well as the mugs, a fan club card and a flyer. It was also possible for clients who did not place their orders ahead of time to buy the DVDs now, but without the mug.

Step 4: Two hours later ( at 4 p.m.), ticket holders were given the VIP treatment by giving them first priority for the voice actor signing. Belinda Martínez, the voice for Sailor Uranus was the guest and she offered gave a brief presentation on her experiences as voice actor for such an iconic role (she even explained the term "yuri" to expectators!) and then signing took place for about an hour and a half afterwards.

Here are some of my friend's pics. She was kind enough to take a bunch to share the event with all the Moonies who weren't able to attend! :O

Moonies with their treasure! Look at them! ALL SMILES :D! 

 Belinda Martínez, voice of Sailor Uranus giving a presentation and signing autographs. She sounds pretty excited to be there and very knowledgeable about her character xD!
This is Mrs. Paio herself getting me a signature XD!
Here are some close up of the unopened box. Once I have this in my hands I'll make a more comprehensive review in a video.


Many have asked me why it is called a "Talk Box" and here is why: On the bottom of the aluminum box, there is that tiny button and speaker that when pressed says the phrase: "Hello! My name is Serena, I'm 14 years old and I'm in the eighth grade. One day a cat turned me into Sailor Moon and my life has changed since then and I hope yours does too from now on. Thank you for purchasing this product that is full of love and remember that if you misbehave, I will punish you in the name of the Moon!" 
and voilá! A TALK-BOX!! I'm so happy this feature was included, it makes this box set very unique and of course the fact that the original voice of Sailor Moon has come back after 10+ years to do this, its quite amazing. 

Also, during this event flyers for the upcoming magazine were given out. Kind of sad the actual product wasn't available yet but all the same it's pretty exciting we still have a lot to look forward to. :D 

Cards for the Official Club members were also given away. 

It seems  that Moonies who attended the event all left very happy and satisfied. They were handsomely rewarded for all the months of anticipation and wait. Personally I'm at the happiest moment of my Moonie fandom right now because it's the first time Sailor Moon has been released in Spanish and I will have obtained the most important piece of my collection: The version I grew up with! I'm SOOOOOO happy I dun even know how to convey it ;_;!    

Anyway, YAAAAY HAPPY MOONIES ALL OVER!