September 20, 2011

Unconventional Fanart - Moonie Converse!

Once in a while, a Moonie drops me a line about how important Sailor Moon is in their life, or how it has shaped them or helped them through rough times. Sometimes they like to show off their Moonie fan art or send me links to other artists' sites. But very occasionally do I get emails like the this one from Gabriela (aka Hotarutomoechick), a Sailor Moon fan who goes through life Moonwalking... literally. XD!!

I asked Gabby if I could post the pics she sent me here and she said okay, she was even kind enough to send in a description on how she made them! This is her message:

"I would like for all the Moonies out there to bring back Sailor Moon and make their own SM fan art for others to appreciate. 
The Process: The shoes took me one week to finish, I would have drawn more, but it is a long process, so I decided to keep it simple. 
-First, I looked for images online and resized them.  
-Second, I painted the figures with white acrylic paint on my black Converse.
-Third, I drew the images with pencil on top of the dried white paint. 
-Fourth, I outlined the penciled images with black permanent marker (fine tip). 
-Fifth, I mixed the acrylic colors and painted the images. 

-Lastly I did some final touch-ups and took pictures for others to appreciate my new Sailor Moon Converse.



Image Details: Here are some details: on the right shoe, I painted Chibi Tuxedo Mask 3.5"x 2" and Luna 2"x 0.5" with red rose petals on the background. On the left shoe I painted, Chibi Sailor Moon 3.5"x 2.5" and Artemis 2"x 0.5" with pink rose petals for the background. On the tongues of the shoe, I painted the Moon Crystal Locket 0.5"x 0.5". I free-handed the rose petals, drew and painted everything on my own. I did not use my own original images though, but I would like to give credit to the following image links that I used to paint on my shoe:
Chibi Tuxedo Mask: Here
Chibi Sailor Moon: Here
Artemis and Luna: Here 
Moon Crystal Locket: Here
Why Sailor Moon? I decided to draw on my old black converse women's size 8, because they were too plain and they needed something that I truly loved and will make me want to wear them even more often...and that was Sailor Moon, one of my obsessions next to The Beatles and Mickey Mouse. Unfortunately, I am not selling these shoes nor will they be displayed, but I will be wearing them, not too often though because I do not want them to get dirty nor wear out too soon. I really do encourage everyone to make their own creations whether they are on shoes, bags, or shirts, etc... because when you love something, anything is possible and the outcome will be something that you and others will really appreciate! ^-^ 
About Me: I do have a DA, but I seriously haven't uploaded anything on there, and I will get to that when I get the chance. I mostly upload stuff on Facebook and Myspace, but I am considering in joining Flickr and updating my DA so I can share my stuff with everyone. I have been watching Sailor Moon since I was 5 years old and next month I will be 22, and I still love her! I have a mini SM collection, but I am proud of it, and I am hoping to expand it with my own fan art and such, because I know it can get pretty expensive to buy collector's items."

So there you have it Moonies! Step by step, the whole process of making these awesome shoes! We should all start working on our own pairs, wouldn't it be like a fun group project? Well, anyway, I totally dig this pair, SOOOoo cute! I particularly love the little pattern that the sakura petals make, brings the black dullness to life! 

Leave Gabby a message about her shoes in the comments! :D

September 20, 2011

Unconventional Fanart - Moonie Converse!

Once in a while, a Moonie drops me a line about how important Sailor Moon is in their life, or how it has shaped them or helped them through rough times. Sometimes they like to show off their Moonie fan art or send me links to other artists' sites. But very occasionally do I get emails like the this one from Gabriela (aka Hotarutomoechick), a Sailor Moon fan who goes through life Moonwalking... literally. XD!!

I asked Gabby if I could post the pics she sent me here and she said okay, she was even kind enough to send in a description on how she made them! This is her message:

"I would like for all the Moonies out there to bring back Sailor Moon and make their own SM fan art for others to appreciate. 
The Process: The shoes took me one week to finish, I would have drawn more, but it is a long process, so I decided to keep it simple. 
-First, I looked for images online and resized them.  
-Second, I painted the figures with white acrylic paint on my black Converse.
-Third, I drew the images with pencil on top of the dried white paint. 
-Fourth, I outlined the penciled images with black permanent marker (fine tip). 
-Fifth, I mixed the acrylic colors and painted the images. 

-Lastly I did some final touch-ups and took pictures for others to appreciate my new Sailor Moon Converse.



Image Details: Here are some details: on the right shoe, I painted Chibi Tuxedo Mask 3.5"x 2" and Luna 2"x 0.5" with red rose petals on the background. On the left shoe I painted, Chibi Sailor Moon 3.5"x 2.5" and Artemis 2"x 0.5" with pink rose petals for the background. On the tongues of the shoe, I painted the Moon Crystal Locket 0.5"x 0.5". I free-handed the rose petals, drew and painted everything on my own. I did not use my own original images though, but I would like to give credit to the following image links that I used to paint on my shoe:
Chibi Tuxedo Mask: Here
Chibi Sailor Moon: Here
Artemis and Luna: Here 
Moon Crystal Locket: Here
Why Sailor Moon? I decided to draw on my old black converse women's size 8, because they were too plain and they needed something that I truly loved and will make me want to wear them even more often...and that was Sailor Moon, one of my obsessions next to The Beatles and Mickey Mouse. Unfortunately, I am not selling these shoes nor will they be displayed, but I will be wearing them, not too often though because I do not want them to get dirty nor wear out too soon. I really do encourage everyone to make their own creations whether they are on shoes, bags, or shirts, etc... because when you love something, anything is possible and the outcome will be something that you and others will really appreciate! ^-^ 
About Me: I do have a DA, but I seriously haven't uploaded anything on there, and I will get to that when I get the chance. I mostly upload stuff on Facebook and Myspace, but I am considering in joining Flickr and updating my DA so I can share my stuff with everyone. I have been watching Sailor Moon since I was 5 years old and next month I will be 22, and I still love her! I have a mini SM collection, but I am proud of it, and I am hoping to expand it with my own fan art and such, because I know it can get pretty expensive to buy collector's items."

So there you have it Moonies! Step by step, the whole process of making these awesome shoes! We should all start working on our own pairs, wouldn't it be like a fun group project? Well, anyway, I totally dig this pair, SOOOoo cute! I particularly love the little pattern that the sakura petals make, brings the black dullness to life! 

Leave Gabby a message about her shoes in the comments! :D