July 8, 2011

Happy FOURTH anniversary, SMObss! :D

Yep yep yep. Four years, baby. FOUR YEARS! 

Every year I make a special entry celebrating the blog's anniversary, and every single year I say that it feels like 5 years have gone by, not one. Really, I feel so invested in my obsession that time flows a little bit slower.

To celebrate, I try to make either a wallpaper or a commemorative image of sorts, but this year I've been kind of uninspired to create any piece of fanart, so I just took the easy way and finished a VERY LAZY vector thingie (the original sketch with cute Diana is HERE). It's alright I guess, it could've been better. Anyway, every anniversary I also write down a list of accomplishments and new sections opened in the course of this year, so let's start with that:

-Finally! A semi-formal PODCAST!! I've been promising you guys a podcast for like 2 years, but I finally forced myself to seal the deal and produce it!!  Eku and I record "Moonie Tunes" as often as possible. Our last monthly podcast was in May, now they have become a bi-monthly feature, but worry not, there's no intention of ending them any time soon!! They're too much fun! :D!!

-Layout update. Yeah, that's it. I cleaned up and simplified the template, just simple little tweaks here and there. For those with a REALLY sharp eye, I re-did the logo and posted it with better quality. The original was pretty pixelated and blurry.

-Networking. The SMObss is no longer just the blog, I have now invested lots of time into Twitter to be closer to both sources of information as well as Moonies just like you!! Twitter is like a long hallway, where you walk by and listen to random conversations, find the latest gossip and chat with your friends. SO MUCH FUN talking to a lot of you! 

-SMObss Tumblr was also opened. Many don't understand Tumblr, I myself am still trying to be clear on  how it works, but one thing's for sure: IT'S AWESOME. And addictive. Mostly addictive. I like to refer to it as a Twitter for images. Instead of posting thoughts or links, you post images. This leads to an easier, more enjoyable visual experience. Fan art, toys, collections, memes, animated gifs, and funny moments are only part of all the visual yummies that can be found. All this is just to keep sharing info and being close to other Sailor Moon fans.

-NO FACEBOOK. I hate FB. The SMObss will have to do without it. :B

Now that I've listed all the accomplishments, I go on to list plans for the future. Unfortunately, there aren't many, just the usual: Produce a VLOG, draw more stuff, and make my own live action movie or series... HAHAhaha!! I do plan to do something with the manga. Kind of like a review, but more like a "biggest discoveries" section, where we can discuss new findings, details and a all little details from the manga that we didn't know about until now. This will be fun, what with new translation notes and stuff, we'll have plenty to talk about! 

And as usual, I can't end this post without acknowledging all of your supportive comments, the interesting links shared and the unconditional friendship you have given me through all the difficult times and long absences.  Thank you for your continued support and allowing the Sailor Moon Obsession blog to have a FOURTH anniversary!! This blog exists to inform and entertain, but mostly, just to be close to your guys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOONIES!


- Cycyn

July 8, 2011

Happy FOURTH anniversary, SMObss! :D

Yep yep yep. Four years, baby. FOUR YEARS! 

Every year I make a special entry celebrating the blog's anniversary, and every single year I say that it feels like 5 years have gone by, not one. Really, I feel so invested in my obsession that time flows a little bit slower.

To celebrate, I try to make either a wallpaper or a commemorative image of sorts, but this year I've been kind of uninspired to create any piece of fanart, so I just took the easy way and finished a VERY LAZY vector thingie (the original sketch with cute Diana is HERE). It's alright I guess, it could've been better. Anyway, every anniversary I also write down a list of accomplishments and new sections opened in the course of this year, so let's start with that:

-Finally! A semi-formal PODCAST!! I've been promising you guys a podcast for like 2 years, but I finally forced myself to seal the deal and produce it!!  Eku and I record "Moonie Tunes" as often as possible. Our last monthly podcast was in May, now they have become a bi-monthly feature, but worry not, there's no intention of ending them any time soon!! They're too much fun! :D!!

-Layout update. Yeah, that's it. I cleaned up and simplified the template, just simple little tweaks here and there. For those with a REALLY sharp eye, I re-did the logo and posted it with better quality. The original was pretty pixelated and blurry.

-Networking. The SMObss is no longer just the blog, I have now invested lots of time into Twitter to be closer to both sources of information as well as Moonies just like you!! Twitter is like a long hallway, where you walk by and listen to random conversations, find the latest gossip and chat with your friends. SO MUCH FUN talking to a lot of you! 

-SMObss Tumblr was also opened. Many don't understand Tumblr, I myself am still trying to be clear on  how it works, but one thing's for sure: IT'S AWESOME. And addictive. Mostly addictive. I like to refer to it as a Twitter for images. Instead of posting thoughts or links, you post images. This leads to an easier, more enjoyable visual experience. Fan art, toys, collections, memes, animated gifs, and funny moments are only part of all the visual yummies that can be found. All this is just to keep sharing info and being close to other Sailor Moon fans.

-NO FACEBOOK. I hate FB. The SMObss will have to do without it. :B

Now that I've listed all the accomplishments, I go on to list plans for the future. Unfortunately, there aren't many, just the usual: Produce a VLOG, draw more stuff, and make my own live action movie or series... HAHAhaha!! I do plan to do something with the manga. Kind of like a review, but more like a "biggest discoveries" section, where we can discuss new findings, details and a all little details from the manga that we didn't know about until now. This will be fun, what with new translation notes and stuff, we'll have plenty to talk about! 

And as usual, I can't end this post without acknowledging all of your supportive comments, the interesting links shared and the unconditional friendship you have given me through all the difficult times and long absences.  Thank you for your continued support and allowing the Sailor Moon Obsession blog to have a FOURTH anniversary!! This blog exists to inform and entertain, but mostly, just to be close to your guys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOONIES!


- Cycyn