April 9, 2011

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 8 - Pink vs Ginger.

Alright. We have a new Sm vs. Real life post here, where I mostly compare elements from the Sailor Moon manga and anime, to places or situations in real life. FUN! And If you know me, I tend to think about random stuff.

This time I was wondering why ChibiUsa's hair is pink. I know anime doesn't really preoccupy itself with realism details, in fact, it bluntly laughs in the face of naturalism and logic. So my wondering about a character's hair color is quite pointless. Why is Amy's hair blue? Why is Setsuna's dark-greenish? Why is Michiru's turquoise? I don't think there is a real answer to any of these questions. Maybe because those are the character's representative colors, maybe because of the color of their birthstone, or simply to tell them apart from one another since they basically all look alike.

Whatever the reason, I started to put things together in my mind and I think I may be on to something here Moonies!! (just nod along in false agreement) xD! I won't go into explanations, the pics speak for themselves. :p


 +

=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


+

=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


+


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted more pics, but I can't think of any other famous 
gingers whose parents are blond/brunette xDD!!

So what do you guys think?? Is ChibiUsa's pink hair color some kind of interpretation or visual euphemism for red hair?? I know, I know... red-head gene is recessive, it jumps between generations, blah blah blah, but we know nothing about Usagi's ancestors, only her mother, so it's hard to describe how the genes are moving around in this family... o.O!

So go ahead, speculate away Moonies! XD

April 9, 2011

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 8 - Pink vs Ginger.

Alright. We have a new Sm vs. Real life post here, where I mostly compare elements from the Sailor Moon manga and anime, to places or situations in real life. FUN! And If you know me, I tend to think about random stuff.

This time I was wondering why ChibiUsa's hair is pink. I know anime doesn't really preoccupy itself with realism details, in fact, it bluntly laughs in the face of naturalism and logic. So my wondering about a character's hair color is quite pointless. Why is Amy's hair blue? Why is Setsuna's dark-greenish? Why is Michiru's turquoise? I don't think there is a real answer to any of these questions. Maybe because those are the character's representative colors, maybe because of the color of their birthstone, or simply to tell them apart from one another since they basically all look alike.

Whatever the reason, I started to put things together in my mind and I think I may be on to something here Moonies!! (just nod along in false agreement) xD! I won't go into explanations, the pics speak for themselves. :p


 +

=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


+

=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


+


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted more pics, but I can't think of any other famous 
gingers whose parents are blond/brunette xDD!!

So what do you guys think?? Is ChibiUsa's pink hair color some kind of interpretation or visual euphemism for red hair?? I know, I know... red-head gene is recessive, it jumps between generations, blah blah blah, but we know nothing about Usagi's ancestors, only her mother, so it's hard to describe how the genes are moving around in this family... o.O!

So go ahead, speculate away Moonies! XD