April 13, 2011

La Luna Splende



Well, we finally have an official trailer for "La Luna Splende" Sailor Moon DS Game! I haven't really been too vocal about this news which is definitely very important in the Moonie community, I mean, really, it's not everyday we get a Sailor Moon game, right?

Turns out, I'm really not a gamer. Never was. I played Final Fantasy VIII..... once!! HAHAHahaha! So I can't really say I was over the Moon (pun intended) about the DS game coming out. And then stills and synopsis came out and it just made me "meh" even more.

Our friends over at MoonChase were the first ones to receive and review it. They are currently working on a guide on how to beat the game and hopefully they will bring us more screen caps as well.

Now, after watching this official trailer, while I enjoy the music reminiscent of "Moonlight Densetsu", and I certainly can appreciate some new animation and imagery, I remained somewhat unimpressed. I was like: "Ohhh look at that! Time travel!!! It's 1998 again!!". Granted, all DS games look like this, but srsly... isn't it like 2011 already?? Plus it's not like we need a massive Final Fantasy-esque RPG with realistic graphics, orchestrated soundtrack and other packaged goods (although it would certainly be any Moonie's dream), but it seems unfair that other anime like Dragon Ball and Eva have had remakes and much higher quality video-games.

This feels like.... like.... like when you're craving something so, so much. Like an apple. You're craving an big, round, sweet, crunchy, juicy apple and you've waited a long time to get one and all you receive is "apple flavored" gum.


NOOOOOOOOOO!!!  TT.TT

The Game makers are not entirely at fault here, they did the best with what they were given the opportunity to make (I'm sure they had strict guidelines concerning story line and canon) and they had to whip out this game pretty fast, what with the tight deadline ( I believe the anime is up to Sailor Moon SuperS in Italy, which means they're moving fairly quickly), they had to develop it so it would still be relevant. So, I guess it's good we even got SOMETHING. But no, I won't be rushing out to buy a DS and play this game. I'm glad things are being produced though.

Here is some footage of the game taken by Saunders 316 if you're curious.






So what about you guys? Are you a gamer? Are you curious enough to buy this game? If you have gotten it already, was it worth the wait? Worth the money?( I understand it's around 70 dollars at this point, but the price might go down soon)  What would you like to see in a Sailor Moon game??


THX to MoonChase for the links to these videos.


April 13, 2011

La Luna Splende



Well, we finally have an official trailer for "La Luna Splende" Sailor Moon DS Game! I haven't really been too vocal about this news which is definitely very important in the Moonie community, I mean, really, it's not everyday we get a Sailor Moon game, right?

Turns out, I'm really not a gamer. Never was. I played Final Fantasy VIII..... once!! HAHAHahaha! So I can't really say I was over the Moon (pun intended) about the DS game coming out. And then stills and synopsis came out and it just made me "meh" even more.

Our friends over at MoonChase were the first ones to receive and review it. They are currently working on a guide on how to beat the game and hopefully they will bring us more screen caps as well.

Now, after watching this official trailer, while I enjoy the music reminiscent of "Moonlight Densetsu", and I certainly can appreciate some new animation and imagery, I remained somewhat unimpressed. I was like: "Ohhh look at that! Time travel!!! It's 1998 again!!". Granted, all DS games look like this, but srsly... isn't it like 2011 already?? Plus it's not like we need a massive Final Fantasy-esque RPG with realistic graphics, orchestrated soundtrack and other packaged goods (although it would certainly be any Moonie's dream), but it seems unfair that other anime like Dragon Ball and Eva have had remakes and much higher quality video-games.

This feels like.... like.... like when you're craving something so, so much. Like an apple. You're craving an big, round, sweet, crunchy, juicy apple and you've waited a long time to get one and all you receive is "apple flavored" gum.


NOOOOOOOOOO!!!  TT.TT

The Game makers are not entirely at fault here, they did the best with what they were given the opportunity to make (I'm sure they had strict guidelines concerning story line and canon) and they had to whip out this game pretty fast, what with the tight deadline ( I believe the anime is up to Sailor Moon SuperS in Italy, which means they're moving fairly quickly), they had to develop it so it would still be relevant. So, I guess it's good we even got SOMETHING. But no, I won't be rushing out to buy a DS and play this game. I'm glad things are being produced though.

Here is some footage of the game taken by Saunders 316 if you're curious.






So what about you guys? Are you a gamer? Are you curious enough to buy this game? If you have gotten it already, was it worth the wait? Worth the money?( I understand it's around 70 dollars at this point, but the price might go down soon)  What would you like to see in a Sailor Moon game??


THX to MoonChase for the links to these videos.