January 31, 2011

A (very late) New Year Wallpaper xD!

Wow, January 31st already!!? This was due a month ago! Ugggh... -_-

If you have been following the SMObss twitter account, you might remember I posted a preview of this drawing WAY BACK in October. It has taken me TWO MONTHS to complete this drawings (I did not work on it over the holidays). Seriously? two months? WTF!? was I drawing with a single finger? I dunno why it took so long, all I remember was asking myself "Am I done yet?.... Am I done yet?.... How about now?... AND NOWWW???? AAARRRGGHHH!!!!". Then the face kept coming out weird, I vented out about the face on Twitter. The eyes were a HUGE problem, they looked crossed. You know what the problem was? I used a photo of Paris Hilton as a guide for the position. OOoo. Bad idea. xD!!!

So yeah, obviously when I finally finished the main figure, I had no interest in engaging in another battle of will by creating a complex background, specially since I just finished this LAST NIGHT and there's real life out there in a few hours, so sorry about the lameness of the background u.u....

Anyway. New wallpaper for the new year, 99% vectors. Why did I choose to work in vectors? That was stupid. Well, no so much, I practiced a lot, but AAAaarrGGHhhh!!!!... 

Sorry for this awkward post, I'm just so glad it's DONE. Hope you guys enjoy it, and do me a favor: If you don't like to comment, at least gimme your reaction (cool, cute, wtf, etc...),  it'd be cool to know what you guys are diggin' (and what not).



a close up of the face:


a look at the strokes.




I am SO DONE here. Dx!!!

_________________________________________________

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Shezza_paw, your Goddaughter is here! XDDDD

January 31, 2011

A (very late) New Year Wallpaper xD!

Wow, January 31st already!!? This was due a month ago! Ugggh... -_-

If you have been following the SMObss twitter account, you might remember I posted a preview of this drawing WAY BACK in October. It has taken me TWO MONTHS to complete this drawings (I did not work on it over the holidays). Seriously? two months? WTF!? was I drawing with a single finger? I dunno why it took so long, all I remember was asking myself "Am I done yet?.... Am I done yet?.... How about now?... AND NOWWW???? AAARRRGGHHH!!!!". Then the face kept coming out weird, I vented out about the face on Twitter. The eyes were a HUGE problem, they looked crossed. You know what the problem was? I used a photo of Paris Hilton as a guide for the position. OOoo. Bad idea. xD!!!

So yeah, obviously when I finally finished the main figure, I had no interest in engaging in another battle of will by creating a complex background, specially since I just finished this LAST NIGHT and there's real life out there in a few hours, so sorry about the lameness of the background u.u....

Anyway. New wallpaper for the new year, 99% vectors. Why did I choose to work in vectors? That was stupid. Well, no so much, I practiced a lot, but AAAaarrGGHhhh!!!!... 

Sorry for this awkward post, I'm just so glad it's DONE. Hope you guys enjoy it, and do me a favor: If you don't like to comment, at least gimme your reaction (cool, cute, wtf, etc...),  it'd be cool to know what you guys are diggin' (and what not).



a close up of the face:


a look at the strokes.




I am SO DONE here. Dx!!!

_________________________________________________

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Shezza_paw, your Goddaughter is here! XDDDD