October 5, 2010

Speed Fanart.

As you know, the SMObss is all about the fanart. As a fan artist myself, I constantly search for other artists' work, looking at the different approaches and taking note of their rendering. Sailor Moon was so huge in the general anime fandom that even though some illustrators aren't "active Moonies" anymore, they always feel inspired by the suited girl figure they grew up with and make tribute to her, each one with their own developed style and coloring technique. I also find it fascinating how they do (or don't) decide to stop at the details; as we know, Naoko got a bit carried away with all the little jewels on tiaras, crowns, earrings, chokers, gloves, bows, etc. It's fascinating to see how artists decide to either skip them or go overboard by adding more elements.

Whatever the approach, they're all fun to look at. Today I went "speed art hunting". They call it speed art because the video itself was sped up x10~x100 but they actually take hours and hours. Also, I've lately had this thing for joining in at Sakky's live chats, when she's drawing, sewing, painting or modeling. That's a great inspiration as well!

Granted, I could be working on my own stuff, but watching someone else produce work gives me goosebumps... not the bad kind, but the good kind, the pleasurable kind.

The point being: I like to watch... not in THAT way, you dirty, dirty Moonie.




by Game.exe aka Utilizator


by KingBobbles


by Mermardh




So yes, I decided to jump in the wagon and try this speed art thing too. I epicly used my iPhone to record since my webcam is built into the Mac (#fail) and the phone was slipping off the shelf where I put it (#doublefail), which means that towards the end of the video, the upper part of the drawing won't be visible anymore. I posted this video already to the SMObss Tumblr account, but its a good idea to share it here too. Not that I want it to be compared to these other masterpieces... actually these aren't meant to be compared...y'know just to keep vids all togeth--I'm pretty talkative today, I'll shut up nao.






Will someone please tell the other artists to TONE DOWN THE AWESOMENESS?!? They're making me look lame... XD!!!!

Bookmark and Share

October 5, 2010

Speed Fanart.

As you know, the SMObss is all about the fanart. As a fan artist myself, I constantly search for other artists' work, looking at the different approaches and taking note of their rendering. Sailor Moon was so huge in the general anime fandom that even though some illustrators aren't "active Moonies" anymore, they always feel inspired by the suited girl figure they grew up with and make tribute to her, each one with their own developed style and coloring technique. I also find it fascinating how they do (or don't) decide to stop at the details; as we know, Naoko got a bit carried away with all the little jewels on tiaras, crowns, earrings, chokers, gloves, bows, etc. It's fascinating to see how artists decide to either skip them or go overboard by adding more elements.

Whatever the approach, they're all fun to look at. Today I went "speed art hunting". They call it speed art because the video itself was sped up x10~x100 but they actually take hours and hours. Also, I've lately had this thing for joining in at Sakky's live chats, when she's drawing, sewing, painting or modeling. That's a great inspiration as well!

Granted, I could be working on my own stuff, but watching someone else produce work gives me goosebumps... not the bad kind, but the good kind, the pleasurable kind.

The point being: I like to watch... not in THAT way, you dirty, dirty Moonie.




by Game.exe aka Utilizator


by KingBobbles


by Mermardh




So yes, I decided to jump in the wagon and try this speed art thing too. I epicly used my iPhone to record since my webcam is built into the Mac (#fail) and the phone was slipping off the shelf where I put it (#doublefail), which means that towards the end of the video, the upper part of the drawing won't be visible anymore. I posted this video already to the SMObss Tumblr account, but its a good idea to share it here too. Not that I want it to be compared to these other masterpieces... actually these aren't meant to be compared...y'know just to keep vids all togeth--I'm pretty talkative today, I'll shut up nao.






Will someone please tell the other artists to TONE DOWN THE AWESOMENESS?!? They're making me look lame... XD!!!!

Bookmark and Share