October 1, 2010

DIY Moonie repairs.

Hello all!!

Our fellow Moonie Sakky is all kinds of interesting. We know this. We know of her incredible contributions to the Sailor Moon fandom world (o hai CYOOS, Senshi stock, Sailor Astera, Anime Plushie and Sailor Astera artwork!) but we didn't know she is a fixtress too!! (OMG! Don't you just LOVE my new word?!)

Let me begin with the statement that Sailor Moon toys are the Holy Grail of any Moonie since the anime toys have been out production for at least ten years, so when I say that the Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of Holy Grails, I MEAN IT. Well, what I actually mean is the Rainbow Moon Chalice (aka Holy Grail) is, next to the Stallion Reve, one of the most sought out articles in the Moon fandom. The price always ends up in the high three hundreds when it rarely appears on Ebay auctions and of course we can no longer even dream to find it in the ordinary marketplace.

So, owning one in the first place is like, just totally beyond awesome. Now lets say you're not a NRFB collector, you love to display your stuff and smile every time you walk into your treasure room. Well, obviously the Rainbow Moon Chalice would be one of the most important items to display, AMIRIGHT!? What happens then? Well, light. Light happens. Consequently, light damage.



Worry not, my dear obsessionistas!! Sakky to the rescue! She has brought us the solution! If you own a light damaged plastic toy, just fix it!

I decided to take the image and paste it because I hate the DevArt embed code. You can find the original post here so you can look at it up close, fave it, pass it around and what not.


Well, that looks easy!

I applaud Sakky.

I am thoroughly impressed by her, always have been, (plz note heavily Sakky influenced SM work here, here and here). However, if I were faced with this situation, I wouldn't be able to do what she did. I'd just stare in terror and look for a dry pair of pants. I have this crazy notion that toys are untouchable, like the naughty feeling you get when you know the warranty on an electronic appliance will no longer be valid once you remove the hood. You know what I mean? It's totally not the same thing, this is just a plastic toy, but I'm just not that brave.

Anyway, thank you for this super useful Moonie information Sakky! It shed new light (see what I did there?) on one of the problems collectors might face and how that fixing it ourselves isn't a big deal, plus, it looks SO MUCH PRETTIER NOW! x333!!

Bookmark and Share

October 1, 2010

DIY Moonie repairs.

Hello all!!

Our fellow Moonie Sakky is all kinds of interesting. We know this. We know of her incredible contributions to the Sailor Moon fandom world (o hai CYOOS, Senshi stock, Sailor Astera, Anime Plushie and Sailor Astera artwork!) but we didn't know she is a fixtress too!! (OMG! Don't you just LOVE my new word?!)

Let me begin with the statement that Sailor Moon toys are the Holy Grail of any Moonie since the anime toys have been out production for at least ten years, so when I say that the Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of Holy Grails, I MEAN IT. Well, what I actually mean is the Rainbow Moon Chalice (aka Holy Grail) is, next to the Stallion Reve, one of the most sought out articles in the Moon fandom. The price always ends up in the high three hundreds when it rarely appears on Ebay auctions and of course we can no longer even dream to find it in the ordinary marketplace.

So, owning one in the first place is like, just totally beyond awesome. Now lets say you're not a NRFB collector, you love to display your stuff and smile every time you walk into your treasure room. Well, obviously the Rainbow Moon Chalice would be one of the most important items to display, AMIRIGHT!? What happens then? Well, light. Light happens. Consequently, light damage.



Worry not, my dear obsessionistas!! Sakky to the rescue! She has brought us the solution! If you own a light damaged plastic toy, just fix it!

I decided to take the image and paste it because I hate the DevArt embed code. You can find the original post here so you can look at it up close, fave it, pass it around and what not.


Well, that looks easy!

I applaud Sakky.

I am thoroughly impressed by her, always have been, (plz note heavily Sakky influenced SM work here, here and here). However, if I were faced with this situation, I wouldn't be able to do what she did. I'd just stare in terror and look for a dry pair of pants. I have this crazy notion that toys are untouchable, like the naughty feeling you get when you know the warranty on an electronic appliance will no longer be valid once you remove the hood. You know what I mean? It's totally not the same thing, this is just a plastic toy, but I'm just not that brave.

Anyway, thank you for this super useful Moonie information Sakky! It shed new light (see what I did there?) on one of the problems collectors might face and how that fixing it ourselves isn't a big deal, plus, it looks SO MUCH PRETTIER NOW! x333!!

Bookmark and Share