July 15, 2010

Etsy

If you follow me on my personal twitter, you might notice that I mostly talk about my two obsessions: Taylor OMFGHAWT Lautner and my latest obsession: ETSY!

Ebay is just sooo out of reach for me and a source of constant frustration, so I have drifted into safer waters. Not that Etsy isn't expensive too, but Ebay is like a constant race to get official goodies, even more so if it's a really coveted item. Does this only frustrate me? The fact that I feel like I have to fight for the goods that are actually second hand items and end up paying so much?! I mean, yes, sure, the price for being an obsessed collector, I get it and accept it. But then you must also add the fact that it's also under a time limit, it's just sometimes not fun anymore.

On Etsy I really don't feel the pressure, since none of it is official, I won't feel like I have to kick other moonies out of the way, pay too much or I can even come back a few weeks later when I actually have some money and the item will still be available! Just writing that makes me feel better already! XD

Now I know that there are plenty of fake items out there, probably not a good thing to buy counterfeit in the spirit of supporting the producers and whatnot, but original stuff has been out of print for years! Plus there are some items that cannot be found official, like these Sailor Moon and Tux Kamen rubber duckies!! X3333

I think I've touched my point over and over. I like Etsy. Here are some of my fave finds:

First find .... Latex Sailor Moon costume! Maybe not as AWESOME as that SM hoodie I blogged about some months ago, but pretty fun...or...Kinky? or... smelly? Lawl.



Or how about a cosplay... for you teddy bear!? AWwwwww.... x33



or a super cute custom made Luna



or this tattoo style necklace (sold)



finally a charm bracelet


God! I am ALL them. XD!

July 15, 2010

Etsy

If you follow me on my personal twitter, you might notice that I mostly talk about my two obsessions: Taylor OMFGHAWT Lautner and my latest obsession: ETSY!

Ebay is just sooo out of reach for me and a source of constant frustration, so I have drifted into safer waters. Not that Etsy isn't expensive too, but Ebay is like a constant race to get official goodies, even more so if it's a really coveted item. Does this only frustrate me? The fact that I feel like I have to fight for the goods that are actually second hand items and end up paying so much?! I mean, yes, sure, the price for being an obsessed collector, I get it and accept it. But then you must also add the fact that it's also under a time limit, it's just sometimes not fun anymore.

On Etsy I really don't feel the pressure, since none of it is official, I won't feel like I have to kick other moonies out of the way, pay too much or I can even come back a few weeks later when I actually have some money and the item will still be available! Just writing that makes me feel better already! XD

Now I know that there are plenty of fake items out there, probably not a good thing to buy counterfeit in the spirit of supporting the producers and whatnot, but original stuff has been out of print for years! Plus there are some items that cannot be found official, like these Sailor Moon and Tux Kamen rubber duckies!! X3333

I think I've touched my point over and over. I like Etsy. Here are some of my fave finds:

First find .... Latex Sailor Moon costume! Maybe not as AWESOME as that SM hoodie I blogged about some months ago, but pretty fun...or...Kinky? or... smelly? Lawl.



Or how about a cosplay... for you teddy bear!? AWwwwww.... x33



or a super cute custom made Luna



or this tattoo style necklace (sold)



finally a charm bracelet


God! I am ALL them. XD!