May 4, 2010

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 7 - Xilitla Vs. Elysian

 


If you guys remember the video on the right of the blog, where I asked you to speculate why my SM stuff was in boxes, the answer is because I moved (but I think you've figured that already). So, no longer living in Mexico City, I'm now living in Georgia, US.

One of my closest friends told me that before I left, we should both make a trip to an awesome place he discovered. A few days bfore the flight, I was packing, organizing, cleaning and saying my farewells to family and friends, so my friend and I never had a chance to make that trip. I asked him the name of the place and looked it up.

The place is called Xilitla (pronounced He-leet-lah) in the state of San Luis Potosí, a seven-hour drive north of Mexico City. Now the little town itself is just a regular little suburb with the traditional life style but hidden in the mountains is a very special place created by an artist.

In the early 1940s, the poet and surrealist artist Edward James decided that he “wanted a Garden of Eden”. Las Pozas ("the Pools") is a sculpture garden built by James, more than 2,000 feet above sea level, in a tropical rain forest in the mountains of Mexico. It includes more than 80 acres (320,000 m2) of natural waterfalls and pools interlaced with towering Surrealist sculptures in concrete. (via Wiki)

Hmmmm, but I wonder... does this seem Moonesque to anyone else?? Why is it Moonesque, you might wonder. Not sure, I just got this really strong flashback to Elysian, (episode is 165 "When the Crystal Shines! Power of Beautiful Dreams" ) where Helios is apologizing to Prince Endymion (I ♡ Prince Endy, he look so hot in this scene *0*!!) for not being able to fulfill his duty as protector of the Golden Crystal.



See?? Random Columns in a random setting between trees!!!! AW C'MOON!!! TOTALLY MOONESQUE!!




Surely "Las Pozas" in particular didn't influence in any decisions for the anime scenes, but the SM vs. Real Life is about anything that LOOKS Moonesque.

What do you think?? Cool right?? If you don't see the resemblance at all, then just nod along and say "sure, Cycyn, sure" and now we're all happy.  :)
Xilitla pics from: Lucy Nieto's Flickr

May 4, 2010

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 7 - Xilitla Vs. Elysian

 


If you guys remember the video on the right of the blog, where I asked you to speculate why my SM stuff was in boxes, the answer is because I moved (but I think you've figured that already). So, no longer living in Mexico City, I'm now living in Georgia, US.

One of my closest friends told me that before I left, we should both make a trip to an awesome place he discovered. A few days bfore the flight, I was packing, organizing, cleaning and saying my farewells to family and friends, so my friend and I never had a chance to make that trip. I asked him the name of the place and looked it up.

The place is called Xilitla (pronounced He-leet-lah) in the state of San Luis Potosí, a seven-hour drive north of Mexico City. Now the little town itself is just a regular little suburb with the traditional life style but hidden in the mountains is a very special place created by an artist.

In the early 1940s, the poet and surrealist artist Edward James decided that he “wanted a Garden of Eden”. Las Pozas ("the Pools") is a sculpture garden built by James, more than 2,000 feet above sea level, in a tropical rain forest in the mountains of Mexico. It includes more than 80 acres (320,000 m2) of natural waterfalls and pools interlaced with towering Surrealist sculptures in concrete. (via Wiki)

Hmmmm, but I wonder... does this seem Moonesque to anyone else?? Why is it Moonesque, you might wonder. Not sure, I just got this really strong flashback to Elysian, (episode is 165 "When the Crystal Shines! Power of Beautiful Dreams" ) where Helios is apologizing to Prince Endymion (I ♡ Prince Endy, he look so hot in this scene *0*!!) for not being able to fulfill his duty as protector of the Golden Crystal.



See?? Random Columns in a random setting between trees!!!! AW C'MOON!!! TOTALLY MOONESQUE!!




Surely "Las Pozas" in particular didn't influence in any decisions for the anime scenes, but the SM vs. Real Life is about anything that LOOKS Moonesque.

What do you think?? Cool right?? If you don't see the resemblance at all, then just nod along and say "sure, Cycyn, sure" and now we're all happy.  :)
Xilitla pics from: Lucy Nieto's Flickr