September 19, 2009

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 5 - Galaxia's Lair vs. The Blue Mosque - again.

I have ashamedly admitted before that I have not yet read the whole SM manga, not for lack of interest but lack of resources. I did however buy the whole collection of reprinted mangas when they came out and I enjoy looking through them every now and then, but rarely look at the advanced part of the series because it's hard to decipher what's going on by just looking at the drawings, specially since the manga is kinda surreal and soooo different from the anime.

The other day I was for once looking at the last volume of the reprint and this jumped out of the page:



This seems to be A PART of Sailor Galaxia's evil lair. It looks huge, labyrinth-like and it's all full of random rooms, in fact this particular room appears just ONCE, but it gave me a strong flashback to that very lucky time when I was at the Blue Mosque (which I have blogged about before).






We know Naoko used references from diverse places to use in her manga, but, it's just so much fun to see them in real life, right? :]

Manga page scanned from volume #12 of the manga.
Pictures of the Blue mosque are from somewhere in Google Images.

September 19, 2009

SM vs. Real Life Volume: 5 - Galaxia's Lair vs. The Blue Mosque - again.

I have ashamedly admitted before that I have not yet read the whole SM manga, not for lack of interest but lack of resources. I did however buy the whole collection of reprinted mangas when they came out and I enjoy looking through them every now and then, but rarely look at the advanced part of the series because it's hard to decipher what's going on by just looking at the drawings, specially since the manga is kinda surreal and soooo different from the anime.

The other day I was for once looking at the last volume of the reprint and this jumped out of the page:



This seems to be A PART of Sailor Galaxia's evil lair. It looks huge, labyrinth-like and it's all full of random rooms, in fact this particular room appears just ONCE, but it gave me a strong flashback to that very lucky time when I was at the Blue Mosque (which I have blogged about before).






We know Naoko used references from diverse places to use in her manga, but, it's just so much fun to see them in real life, right? :]

Manga page scanned from volume #12 of the manga.
Pictures of the Blue mosque are from somewhere in Google Images.