August 7, 2009

About SMObss and the News.

Hey Moonfreaks!!! - This is only a commentary post.

As you may have read on the web, NaokoTakeuchi/Toei have finally had the rights to Sailor Moon released and is now being re-broadcast in Japan and soon in Italy. It seems that this is an awakening to a new chapter of fandom that may lead to other things.

But in case you guys are wondering why I am not formally posting any of these news, well, there are several reasons:

-First of all, time. I hate to sound snobby and say "Ohh I don't have time for Moonie stuff" 'cause you guys know that's not exactly right. I post every 4 to 5 days and even though they may be short entries, they all require some time to be thought out, linked properly and have some content. But I invest my Moonie time doing other stuff (aka. working on fanart, editing videos, looking at what other Moonies are doing and Ebaying).


-Another reason is that I stopped studying Japanese A LONG time ago (like 2002) so I have forgotten about 60% of the little I could have learned, so since news comes from Japan or in Japanese, well, I'm pretty much screwed. I'm sure that if I invest more time looking for news in English, I would find it but this brings me to point three.


-As many of you know, I am a huge Twilight franchise fan, which means I spend the other half of my "off duty" time reading and immersing my self in the Twilight world. I read a LOT of blogs, but I really really hate it when they post the same news in different sites and then just add random comments. Fortunately for us, we have Brad from Moonkitty reporting to us LIVE from Tokyo and we get all his findings first hand from the Moonie Land (ohh cool, that rhymes!!) and we also have SailorDees and the rest of the team at MoonChase that still impresses me with their ability to keep track of ALL the people involved with SM, in depth looks and incredible interviews from all over. So you see my point? We already have MK and MC reporting different kinds of news, I myself get my news from their sites, so any posting of the news HERE would be both a rip off and a repetitive source of info. If I happen to get my hands on some news that are both relevant and... well NEW,I will be sure to post about it.

-And finally, in the ABOUT section I mention the purpose of the SMObss, this blog is an outlet for my Moonie obsessions, I sometimes just need to let it out and ppl around me get tired of listening to my rambling because it's not of interest to them. So I am actually thankful that the SMObss has visitors and commenters whatsoever, I never thought someone would want to read all of my nonsense. xDDD!! So again, the SMObss is not necessarily a news site, so I honestly apologize if visitors come to the blog expecting to find news. I'm just too slow to keep up with them. I try though.

But of course, I am a Moonie as well, if you guys hear some news that is worth sharing and would like to use the SMObss as a medium, feel free to contact me!! (msn + email contact: nagisa_freakAThotmailDOTcom. Lisa has shared news with us via the chat as well, I am so thankful!!! Thank you Lisa!!!

Sorry for this Long OFF TOPIC-ish post. I will compensate by posting another small preview of the *2nd Year SMObss Anniversary Tux Kamen* drawing I am working on. I know it has taken me FOREVER to finish this, but I only get to work on it an a few minutes a day on it.


Enjoy.







Bookmark and Share

August 7, 2009

About SMObss and the News.

Hey Moonfreaks!!! - This is only a commentary post.

As you may have read on the web, NaokoTakeuchi/Toei have finally had the rights to Sailor Moon released and is now being re-broadcast in Japan and soon in Italy. It seems that this is an awakening to a new chapter of fandom that may lead to other things.

But in case you guys are wondering why I am not formally posting any of these news, well, there are several reasons:

-First of all, time. I hate to sound snobby and say "Ohh I don't have time for Moonie stuff" 'cause you guys know that's not exactly right. I post every 4 to 5 days and even though they may be short entries, they all require some time to be thought out, linked properly and have some content. But I invest my Moonie time doing other stuff (aka. working on fanart, editing videos, looking at what other Moonies are doing and Ebaying).


-Another reason is that I stopped studying Japanese A LONG time ago (like 2002) so I have forgotten about 60% of the little I could have learned, so since news comes from Japan or in Japanese, well, I'm pretty much screwed. I'm sure that if I invest more time looking for news in English, I would find it but this brings me to point three.


-As many of you know, I am a huge Twilight franchise fan, which means I spend the other half of my "off duty" time reading and immersing my self in the Twilight world. I read a LOT of blogs, but I really really hate it when they post the same news in different sites and then just add random comments. Fortunately for us, we have Brad from Moonkitty reporting to us LIVE from Tokyo and we get all his findings first hand from the Moonie Land (ohh cool, that rhymes!!) and we also have SailorDees and the rest of the team at MoonChase that still impresses me with their ability to keep track of ALL the people involved with SM, in depth looks and incredible interviews from all over. So you see my point? We already have MK and MC reporting different kinds of news, I myself get my news from their sites, so any posting of the news HERE would be both a rip off and a repetitive source of info. If I happen to get my hands on some news that are both relevant and... well NEW,I will be sure to post about it.

-And finally, in the ABOUT section I mention the purpose of the SMObss, this blog is an outlet for my Moonie obsessions, I sometimes just need to let it out and ppl around me get tired of listening to my rambling because it's not of interest to them. So I am actually thankful that the SMObss has visitors and commenters whatsoever, I never thought someone would want to read all of my nonsense. xDDD!! So again, the SMObss is not necessarily a news site, so I honestly apologize if visitors come to the blog expecting to find news. I'm just too slow to keep up with them. I try though.

But of course, I am a Moonie as well, if you guys hear some news that is worth sharing and would like to use the SMObss as a medium, feel free to contact me!! (msn + email contact: nagisa_freakAThotmailDOTcom. Lisa has shared news with us via the chat as well, I am so thankful!!! Thank you Lisa!!!

Sorry for this Long OFF TOPIC-ish post. I will compensate by posting another small preview of the *2nd Year SMObss Anniversary Tux Kamen* drawing I am working on. I know it has taken me FOREVER to finish this, but I only get to work on it an a few minutes a day on it.


Enjoy.







Bookmark and Share