May 23, 2009

English ReDub.

Hey Moonies.

I must admit I'm not really a fan of the English SM Dub, the voices, the editions made and things like "Sailor Moon Says" snippets were kind of uncalled for. I know, I know, there were reasons for all these changes, but, well I grew up on a closely dubbed version and I'm am very fond of both the Spanish and the Japanese ones.



Lisa pointed me to MoonChase's post that leads to a survey that Funimation is conducting in order to know what anime DVDs fans are interested in and the options include the SailorMoon ReDubbed Series.

As I said, I'm really not that fond of the English Dub but I DO think that if they ReDub it, they can do make it a wee bit closer to the original, deliver the complete series to English speaking audiences and.... OF COURSE!, bring the SM community back to life!! The Moon Chasers have an article that asks us to make sure we write in the comments in the survey to use the original Dub Cast instead of newcomers, but I personally disagree, if there will be a new Dub, voices should be closer to the Japanese ones. But then again, what do I know? I didn't grow up on that version so ignore my opinion.

You can read SailorDee's thoughts HERE.

After you have read Moon Chase's post, and decided on whether you want new voice actors or not, click HERE, cast your vote and write down your comments.

Hopefully our opinions make a difference.


AAAnnddd....... that's it!!

May 23, 2009

English ReDub.

Hey Moonies.

I must admit I'm not really a fan of the English SM Dub, the voices, the editions made and things like "Sailor Moon Says" snippets were kind of uncalled for. I know, I know, there were reasons for all these changes, but, well I grew up on a closely dubbed version and I'm am very fond of both the Spanish and the Japanese ones.



Lisa pointed me to MoonChase's post that leads to a survey that Funimation is conducting in order to know what anime DVDs fans are interested in and the options include the SailorMoon ReDubbed Series.

As I said, I'm really not that fond of the English Dub but I DO think that if they ReDub it, they can do make it a wee bit closer to the original, deliver the complete series to English speaking audiences and.... OF COURSE!, bring the SM community back to life!! The Moon Chasers have an article that asks us to make sure we write in the comments in the survey to use the original Dub Cast instead of newcomers, but I personally disagree, if there will be a new Dub, voices should be closer to the Japanese ones. But then again, what do I know? I didn't grow up on that version so ignore my opinion.

You can read SailorDee's thoughts HERE.

After you have read Moon Chase's post, and decided on whether you want new voice actors or not, click HERE, cast your vote and write down your comments.

Hopefully our opinions make a difference.


AAAnnddd....... that's it!!