October 9, 2008

Hell NO!!!


NO-NO-NO-NO-No-Nononononono.....


This is SOOOoo wrong on so many levels!!

Look, I knew they were going to make a DragonBall Movie. I knew that. I have accepted that fact. They have been filming here in Mexico City and I've heard things about the filming, and to be completely honest, I've been up to date with all the news and small happenings regarding the movie. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does. I tried to look at the positive aspects of it. It would be really hard to appeal to the American audience and so they would have to change a few things around a bit. I know that too.

But then........I watched the trailer:

THIS IS NOT DRAGONBALL. The colors, the fight sequences, the locations, the music, the feel of it, the very essence of the original DragonBall anime is lost. Or at least *I* think so. If I hadn't watched (and loved) the anime, I would think this was just a regular action movie. At first I was kind of excited to watch it but now, I am frankly AFRAID. I wanted to think positive and excuse all the downs, but its hard for me after seeing the trailer.





Why am I posting this here at the SMObss Blog?? Because Sailor Moon and DragonBall are always hand in hand. Not that they are related in any way, but DB is an icon of shounen anime as SM is an icon for shoujo, people tend to talk about them as a combo. I'm worried that this is going to be a BAD movie and that Hollywood will eventually want to someday make a Sailor Moon movie and ruin it as well.


Please, NO. We don't want THIS to happen ever again.




Sorry... That was kind of OFF topic.

October 9, 2008

Hell NO!!!


NO-NO-NO-NO-No-Nononononono.....


This is SOOOoo wrong on so many levels!!

Look, I knew they were going to make a DragonBall Movie. I knew that. I have accepted that fact. They have been filming here in Mexico City and I've heard things about the filming, and to be completely honest, I've been up to date with all the news and small happenings regarding the movie. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does. I tried to look at the positive aspects of it. It would be really hard to appeal to the American audience and so they would have to change a few things around a bit. I know that too.

But then........I watched the trailer:

THIS IS NOT DRAGONBALL. The colors, the fight sequences, the locations, the music, the feel of it, the very essence of the original DragonBall anime is lost. Or at least *I* think so. If I hadn't watched (and loved) the anime, I would think this was just a regular action movie. At first I was kind of excited to watch it but now, I am frankly AFRAID. I wanted to think positive and excuse all the downs, but its hard for me after seeing the trailer.





Why am I posting this here at the SMObss Blog?? Because Sailor Moon and DragonBall are always hand in hand. Not that they are related in any way, but DB is an icon of shounen anime as SM is an icon for shoujo, people tend to talk about them as a combo. I'm worried that this is going to be a BAD movie and that Hollywood will eventually want to someday make a Sailor Moon movie and ruin it as well.


Please, NO. We don't want THIS to happen ever again.




Sorry... That was kind of OFF topic.