May 12, 2008

The Pinpoint Cosplay

Rejoice all loyal moonies!!! My faith has been restored!!!!! (THX Selik) I'm back, fully refreshed and recharged.

Today's post is once again about cosplay, but more than just talk about a cosplayer, I want to talk specifically about craftsmanship.

I've been a SM cosplay follower for years!! And when I say years I mean since like 1998 or so. I've seen many "famous" cosplayers come and go, like Alisa Kiss or Usagi Kou (I think her name is Lori) and the internationally famous Francesca Dani.
Even though these cosplayers and a LOT of other talented ones do create costumes that are very elaborate and detailed, is is very seldom that I come across one that is just pinpoint accurate. Of course, it's practically impossible to get it 100% right, but you can come close. What I specifically look for in a good cosplay is SHAPE.

You see, Naoko has a very particular way of drawing the Sailor suit: The length of the skirt is actually pretty short (it's shorter than an extended hand) and we know it's pleaded but Naoko doesn't draw it that way, she draws very wavy rounded skirts, and they are so "puffed" that the skirt never just falls, it's always like... floaty.



As I mentioned, it is pretty hard to get this shape correctly, there are also tons of other details, but I'm getting too specific here. xD

Notice what I mentioned about the skirt in these pictures. It's short, puffy and rounded. PERFECT I'd say. The one on the top is Christina or I think that's her name beacuse there's no profile on her page. And the girl on the bottom is Misa and again, I don't know her real name. I love the SHAPES of their cosplays, even the girls themselves look great too!!! Both!! <3

It's weird, that they are both Eternal Sailor Pluto. Oo Strange coincidence.





Oh, oh, oh!!!! Look at them together!!!! What are the odds?? My favorite costumes standing side by side!!! XDD



Anyway, I just really wanted to post their pictures but I wasn't sure if anyone could understand why I think they are great. In fact think are the best pintpoint-accurately-shaped Sailor Moon costumes out there!!!! Of course Kaiten Komachi's are WHOA-OMGWTF incredible, but I'll get into that some other time.

That's it for today!! ^^

Pictures of Misa And Christina were taken from their Cosplay pages.

May 12, 2008

The Pinpoint Cosplay

Rejoice all loyal moonies!!! My faith has been restored!!!!! (THX Selik) I'm back, fully refreshed and recharged.

Today's post is once again about cosplay, but more than just talk about a cosplayer, I want to talk specifically about craftsmanship.

I've been a SM cosplay follower for years!! And when I say years I mean since like 1998 or so. I've seen many "famous" cosplayers come and go, like Alisa Kiss or Usagi Kou (I think her name is Lori) and the internationally famous Francesca Dani.
Even though these cosplayers and a LOT of other talented ones do create costumes that are very elaborate and detailed, is is very seldom that I come across one that is just pinpoint accurate. Of course, it's practically impossible to get it 100% right, but you can come close. What I specifically look for in a good cosplay is SHAPE.

You see, Naoko has a very particular way of drawing the Sailor suit: The length of the skirt is actually pretty short (it's shorter than an extended hand) and we know it's pleaded but Naoko doesn't draw it that way, she draws very wavy rounded skirts, and they are so "puffed" that the skirt never just falls, it's always like... floaty.



As I mentioned, it is pretty hard to get this shape correctly, there are also tons of other details, but I'm getting too specific here. xD

Notice what I mentioned about the skirt in these pictures. It's short, puffy and rounded. PERFECT I'd say. The one on the top is Christina or I think that's her name beacuse there's no profile on her page. And the girl on the bottom is Misa and again, I don't know her real name. I love the SHAPES of their cosplays, even the girls themselves look great too!!! Both!! <3

It's weird, that they are both Eternal Sailor Pluto. Oo Strange coincidence.





Oh, oh, oh!!!! Look at them together!!!! What are the odds?? My favorite costumes standing side by side!!! XDD



Anyway, I just really wanted to post their pictures but I wasn't sure if anyone could understand why I think they are great. In fact think are the best pintpoint-accurately-shaped Sailor Moon costumes out there!!!! Of course Kaiten Komachi's are WHOA-OMGWTF incredible, but I'll get into that some other time.

That's it for today!! ^^

Pictures of Misa And Christina were taken from their Cosplay pages.