April 28, 2008

Is it just me??

Is it just me or are heroes this year ALL MALE?!
And not just that... they are ALL VIOLENT.

First off, I grew up watching this stuff, I mean, I'm an 80's girl so I got used to seeing the Hulk TV Show, the reruns of the 60s Batman show and the Tim Burton movies, and I'm definitely familiar with all these other heroes in the Marvel/DC world, but I was never a fan because I could not identify myself with any of these characters. They are all basically strong adult male violent killers. YES, these so called heroes were assassins and they justified their killing by saying that they were necessary and this included random security guards, the always loyal henchmen, the kind of slutty B-A girlfriend and eventually the "bad guy".

Sailor Moon stands on a different plane. Contrary to other male heroes, she doesn't rely on violence, fire arms, blade weapons, physical strength or special radioactive powers ( just innocent moon magic X3). Of course I'm not forgetting about Wonder Woman but I'll get into that in another post.

At first, I didn't understand why she wouldn't just kill the bad guys, why would they have to be either "refreshed" or "purified", and even on SM Stars, after two years have passed, she is still so reluctant to kill and always stops the Starlights from killing the Phages because she insists that they are people and they must be saved. Even in the final battle with Galaxia!! She refused to touch the sword for fighting. ( I haven't read Stars manga, I dunno what happens) , but a single LIFE was so important to her that she would easily give up hers in order to save anyone else's.

Total WOW-ness.

I just wanted to post this to get it of my chest. Why are all these superheroes MEN!? I'm always under the impression that behind their masks or tight suits and after all those violent fights they must really sweaty and stinky. EWWW. And why do they have to kill each other in order to be considered superheroes?! Isn't it more heroic that SM never even hurts anyone and still manages to save the world?! All this being 16 y/o.

Awesome-ness.





And finally, yes, I photoshopped Lindsay Lohan's face onto a PGSM photo. I know it has been YEARS since that Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon rumor died out, but I was always fascinated with the idea. Not the idea of a movie, no, I still don't want a SM movie to be produced, but if there absolutely had to be one, I would have liked LiLo to be her, just because, all addictions and scandals aside, she is drop dead gorgeous to me.

And I really like to photoshop that xDDD

Ohh and the other heroes pictures I scanned from Entertainment Weekly.

Ok, too much rambling about nonsense. Tell me what YOU think. :o

April 28, 2008

Is it just me??

Is it just me or are heroes this year ALL MALE?!
And not just that... they are ALL VIOLENT.

First off, I grew up watching this stuff, I mean, I'm an 80's girl so I got used to seeing the Hulk TV Show, the reruns of the 60s Batman show and the Tim Burton movies, and I'm definitely familiar with all these other heroes in the Marvel/DC world, but I was never a fan because I could not identify myself with any of these characters. They are all basically strong adult male violent killers. YES, these so called heroes were assassins and they justified their killing by saying that they were necessary and this included random security guards, the always loyal henchmen, the kind of slutty B-A girlfriend and eventually the "bad guy".

Sailor Moon stands on a different plane. Contrary to other male heroes, she doesn't rely on violence, fire arms, blade weapons, physical strength or special radioactive powers ( just innocent moon magic X3). Of course I'm not forgetting about Wonder Woman but I'll get into that in another post.

At first, I didn't understand why she wouldn't just kill the bad guys, why would they have to be either "refreshed" or "purified", and even on SM Stars, after two years have passed, she is still so reluctant to kill and always stops the Starlights from killing the Phages because she insists that they are people and they must be saved. Even in the final battle with Galaxia!! She refused to touch the sword for fighting. ( I haven't read Stars manga, I dunno what happens) , but a single LIFE was so important to her that she would easily give up hers in order to save anyone else's.

Total WOW-ness.

I just wanted to post this to get it of my chest. Why are all these superheroes MEN!? I'm always under the impression that behind their masks or tight suits and after all those violent fights they must really sweaty and stinky. EWWW. And why do they have to kill each other in order to be considered superheroes?! Isn't it more heroic that SM never even hurts anyone and still manages to save the world?! All this being 16 y/o.

Awesome-ness.





And finally, yes, I photoshopped Lindsay Lohan's face onto a PGSM photo. I know it has been YEARS since that Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon rumor died out, but I was always fascinated with the idea. Not the idea of a movie, no, I still don't want a SM movie to be produced, but if there absolutely had to be one, I would have liked LiLo to be her, just because, all addictions and scandals aside, she is drop dead gorgeous to me.

And I really like to photoshop that xDDD

Ohh and the other heroes pictures I scanned from Entertainment Weekly.

Ok, too much rambling about nonsense. Tell me what YOU think. :o